Thursday, November 19, 2009

And So It Begins....


Update: So......I received the infamous book on Tuesday: baby knits for beginners by Debbie Bliss---only $3.15, used, from Amazon.com. Yesterday, I picked up the yarn: Alpaca ivory--only $2.99 on sale at Michael's!  It appears that my heavenly Father is blessing this journey of mine!

Yes, I believe He cares even about my little knitting escapades. In fact, I know He just plain cares for me. Period :) What a comfort....

I've read through the first two chapters: "knitting essentials" and "beginning to knit".  I have to say that I feel more prepared to deal with seaming again.  Debbie's drawing's and explanations seemed (no pun intended there!) clear to me.  We shall see....

In many ways, I feel the same as I did when preparing for Lily's arrival!  All those books on getting ready for baby, first days, etc....  As prepared as I felt, there's nothing like hands-on learning.  And with Lily, I couldn't just give up and throw her in a knitting bag!  I feel the same sentiments this time around with knitting.  Perhaps I will one day write a book entitled, "What to Expect When You're Knitting".  Best seller, right?

First project: Garter Stitch Scarf

Which leads me to the following question:

Are scarves a safety hazard for babies?  I can picture my little Lily grabbing both ends and pulling tightly.... Yikes! 

Nevertheless, I will knit!  I am excited....I am motivated....  My name is Lori Gonzalez, and I am a knitter!  Phew....there....I said it.  I feel so much lighter. 

I believe I can finish this project sometime next week!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I gave you an award today. Check it out at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too kind! I can't seem to figure out how to get to your blog :( Can you give me some "directions"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your "lori" picture... i was there when you put those on your ears. I'm trying to write my own blog and I was distracted by yours haha! Love your blog, and i love you!

    ReplyDelete