Thursday, January 14, 2010

If at First You Don't Succeed, Try...Try Again

Last night, I was ready to ream out my husband for not being supportive of my sleep training ideas for Lily (picture Cam & Mitchell from Modern Family, and guess which one is just like Alex...).  And then the Lord reminded me of a book I had in my possession.  Remember how I'd checked out every stinkin' book about sleep & babies from the library?  PS: I feel really badly if there are other moms out there in my town who are also looking to the library as a resource on this topic.  I've even renewed them all.... Sorry!

Well, anyhow....there was one called The Sleep Lady's Good Night, Sleep Tight.  After reading all the others and not discovering a concrete solution, I was not so sure that this would include one either.  Nevertheless, I had to hope.   I couldn't stand it any longer.  Lily was waking every night three or four times, inconsolable unless she was fed.  I would fight her on it, and then end up giving in....angrily.   I knew that this was not a good habit for her.   She was getting plenty to eat during the day, and her diapers were so wet in the morning that she was wetting the bed! 


So, what would this Sleep Lady say that I hadn't already heard?  Not much.  However, she put everything together with such clarity and concreteness, that I literally saw the light!  I won't reveal much else, but if you're interested in more information regarding her methods: see the link.  I will say this: Lily slept 12 hours last night.  So did I.  Praise Jesus :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I may need a refresher course here soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes you may! Congrats to you, Erin!! So happy for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Justin came up to me the other night while I was in the shower asking me if was too early to let her CIO. At 2+ wks it's a little early ;) I'm not sure how I always forget these sleepless, confused, and just plain hard times when I want another! Of course, by that time they are 12-18 months, sleep through the night, able to drink cow milk, walking, talking and give big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Oh boy.... God sure knows what we can handle, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete