Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recent Happenings

It has been awhile..... 

Let me briefly share the following updates on my knitting committments & mothering:
  • I was able to knit a few more squares over the holiday.  This is not the progress I hoped for, but progress, nonetheless.
  • I received a set of circular looms for Christmas.  Hmmmm......they have made me curious & I have toyed with them a bit, making one hat and one more is in process.
  • Lily is sleeping better!  After renting every book on babies & sleeping from the library, I've decided to be more routine in the times that I feed her cereal.  I have been quite sporadic, and since I've gone to feeding her rice cereal twice everyday, at 9 and 2, her sleeping has improved.   The night we returned from visiting family resulted in a ten hour stretch!!!  One word: AMAZING.  I thought it would be difficult to maintain this routine while visiting family, but instead found it quite easy.  Her six month check up will be Monday.
  • Knitting is great because it's a convenient hobby that gives back.  I don't need to take up a whole table, I don't need a ton of tools... I just need a bag, some yarn & some needles: I love it! 
I leave you with the following epiphany:

How cool is it that God has given us the desire to create beautiful, unique things?  For this is His very nature, as OUR creator.  I am so thankful & humbled that He would allow me to experience just a taste of how divine it is to make something and acknowledge that it is good!

3 comments:

  1. aww we both decided to write on the same day after long time, and we both had overwhelming senses of thankfulness in God's goodness.. wow.. you have to read mine now. I am soooo sooo glad my lil lily is sleeping better and in turn you are sleeping better! I love you and was happy to read our blog today, made me smile! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how the hat turned out on the loom! The first half looked great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 hours is awesome! I love how the experts call five hours sleeping through. Yeah, right. They should try living on a five hour stretch for months on end. Although, after having more than one, I was always a little sad when that last middle of the night feeding was gone. Only because after that I was always nursing through chaos - no quiet around here!

    ReplyDelete