Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Harvest


Ah, Fall.....

The beauty that surrounds along with the cooler temps have inspired me to once again get crafty! I also had a conversation with my sister which really got me goin'---she was off to shear her Shetland lambs as soon as we finished talking! 

Last year's hat is so small now that it makes Lily look like an acorn--her head has grown!  And the mittens that match the hat hardly make it to her wrists :(   Sounds like a job for her Inconsistent-Need-a-Reason-to-Knit-Mother!


I have decided to begin with thumbless mittens for Lily using the luxury yarn in the photo below:


Thank you to the Red Purl for this intoxicating skein....





  
 
It feels so good to pick up my needles again, and this yarn is so smooth & soft!!  I completed one mitten last evening---it knit up quick :)  And just in time for our fall break outing to Pokagon State Park in Angola, IN.   

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I am loving your blog. It makes me wish we were closer so we could hang out. When I found out I was pregnant the second time I told Jeff if it was a girl I was going to learn how to knit. So this summer I started knitting. I only have done hats so I am SO impressed by your sweater!!! I am happy to have my sweet little girl, but sadly I have not done much knitting the last five weeks. Until I am able to pick up the needles more regularly, I will just have to live my knitting fantasies through you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww--thanks, Rachel! It's great to hear from you! The next time you come out this way, we should meet up---perhaps with our needles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And, over a year later, I'm glad you are still crafty :)

    ReplyDelete