Monday, December 7, 2009

Garter-Stitch Blanket

Thanksgiving has passed and the Christmas season is now in full swing!  The holidays are so different with a child.  Decorating our home was quite the challenge this year.  But my Lily certainly looked the part in her Santa pj's while squealing for my attention amid attempts to hang ornaments and string lights.  I kept trying to tell her that it was all for her, but she didn't seem to understand, or care really ;)  And I guess that's not entirely true either.... those decorations are as much for me as for anybody!  I adore Christmas time.   It is so magical to see the house and the town come to life in glows and bows!  Lily's first ornaments are also on the tree---a silver baby rattle and a blown glass bootie.    

And along with the snow and the decorations, comes the knitting pressure.  I want to knit gifts!  The next project in the book is a patchwork quilt made of garter stitch squares.  Easy enough, yet guess what the most difficult part of this project will be for me???? You guessed it: seaming.  Which is good, I need to work on this skill.  I splurged and purchased actual Debbie Bliss yarn for this creation, so here's to hoping it's not wasted on scars caused by my attempts at knitting seams.   At the very least, it will be super soft ;)

At this point I am becoming a bit nervous as each square is not completely the same & I may be in the market for a row counter....

If only my knitting exuded the same sparkle as the Christmas season.  I'll get there.  Someday....

2 comments:

  1. my dear Lori, i believe in your knitting and seaming abilities, you can do anything!I love reading your blog, sometimes i feel like you are right next to me telling me about your new experiences with lily! miss you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Lori, I forgot I made my profile private after some friends of friends added me to their blog list. Anyway, it is www.(insert our last name here)adventures.blogpot.com. And that last name would be the one that goes behind Erin & Justin (who had to move to Idaho).

    ReplyDelete