Sunday, December 13, 2009

Season's Greetings

I have a confession.  The Garter Stitch Blanket (aka the second project I have embarked upon from the baby knits for beginners book by Debbie Bliss) is not a fun project.  It is in the sense that I can knit one of the squares fairly quickly..... But then I realize that all my squares are not as uniform as I'd hoped.   And then...then....I want to give up because I don't want to end up with a blanket that is all whopper-jawed and made of expensive yarn. Aargh.... Sigh.... 

Hence, I have put the completed "squares" in my knitting bag and have officially set it aside.   I hope that over Christmas break, I re-discover my motivation for this project.   In the meantime, I tried to start a stocking for my Lily.  Double-pointed needles=awkwardness and confusion.  It looks like I may need to spend some time once again on knittinghelp.com or in the presence of my Martha Stewart friend.   Now, don't you worry---I am not giving up entirely!  Just taking a mini-break.  You all definitely help in the accountability department...   

In the meantime, I plan to work on sleep.   You see, the other reason why I am not finding myself in the knitting mood lately is because my knitting time has been taking place between the time Lily goes to bed and when I got to bed.   The little one goes down around 7 or 8, and then proceeds to awaken half-a-dozen times before I hit the sack around 11.  And then, then....she is still waking another half-a-dozen times before the morning....   Yawn.   Growth spurt? Bad habits? Not sure.  But one thing is for sure: I am tired and I am not knitting.   

Sleep-deprived in Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. Just be careful! I crocheted two squares for a blanket I was going to make for Malachi. I started when he was about a year and did those two squares and stopped. Just in the past few months , 5 years later, have I started crocheting again (although those squares will never become a blanket).

    Sleep is good too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So glad you can relate ;) Don't worry: I plan to knit in our travels over the holidays! Wait...is that safe???

    ReplyDelete