Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tippy Toes

Sorry for going AWOL yesterday!

Today's focus will combine Tuesday's Tip and Wednesday's "News":

(Keep in mind as you read on that I am a newbie to the realms of knitting.)

The slippers I have been workin on were taking so long to complete largely because I was using wooden needles. I have learned that wooden and bamboo needles offer you great control but not so much on speed.... I was also fearing the loss of an appendage as I stabbed my right pointer finger on each stitch! The size 2 tips were killing me!

Anyhow...I went on the search last week for a speedier, gentler replacement. Size 2 needles are difficult to find in a shorter length and material besides wood! I ended up once again in Niles, MI at The Red Purl where a clerk introduced me to Addi-Turbo circular needles. She graciously took the time to show me how they could be used to knit a pattern meant for two needles. Meanwhile, Lily was entertained by Purl, the owner's dog who roams the shop.

These needles are known as the Cadillac of knitting needles and I have to agree! My pointer finger is not aching and my knitting goes much more quickly!

And so I am a happier knitter today than I was a week ago :)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment