Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Wooly Wednesday

In recent days, I have been reinspired by my knitting stash and the downtown library!

I continue to pick up my chocolate brown skein of wool & organic cotton by Spud and Chloe. This yarn knits up so beautifully, so precisely. And it has a durability to it that makes it perfect for slippers/booties and hats or mittens. But, I have had to unravel each project I have attempted to knit with it....UNTIL NOW!

Leave it to Miss Debbie Bliss- remember those seed stitch slippers I tried to make months ago and then gave up on? Well... in her book entitled, The Baby Knits Book, she features a nearly identical pattern using the garter stitch instead. They are called pompon slippers. Because of my experience with the seed stitch slippers, I've been able to navigate quite easily through the instructions and the garter stitch knits so much faster! So, I am happily knitting away, hoping to complete them in time for a special friend who is expecting :)

I am also happy to report the mystery of The Boyfriend Scarf has been solved! Thanks to my good friend Brooke's mom, who is a master knitter! Big thanks! I am eager to pick that project up again!

And that is what's new this week. Happy Wednesday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested in finding out more about Spud and Chloe yarns, follow the link below! The Red Purl ion Niles, MI keeps it in stock, too :)

    http://www.spudandchloe.com/yarns/sweater/

    ReplyDelete