Monday, April 4, 2011

Awkward Knitting Photo Monday

It has been a long time since I have entered a non-photo post, hasn't it?!

I have been encouraged in recent convos to discover that people really do read and enjoy this blog of mine! "You like me, you really like me!"

This is one of the busiest times of the year for us at the college, and I have felt like a juggler lately... But, I am also happy to report that I haven't dropped anything! God is helping me to keep focus and rhythm--two things that anyone who knows me would say I am challenged with on my own.

I hope it comforts you to hear that in the midst of all that juggling, The knitting bug has continued to infect me. And while I haven't set aside time to finish or start a new project, I HAVE read some great books on the topic:

1-Casting Off by Nicole R. Dickson
What a great piece of fiction! It should be made into a movie, in my opinion, with Jennifer
Garner cast as the main character and Sean Connery as the grumpy old man also known as Sean. The Irish coast, ganseys, forgiveness and love: need I say more?? I'm telling you, you have
simply got to read it!

2-More Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
This book of patterns was so much fun to look at, and as a novice, I feel like there are plenty of pages that feature items I could knit! I KNOW I will be coming back to this book in the future.

And Lily! I have decided that this is my favorite age so far. Her vocabulary is building daily, and she is so stinkin funny!! Oh my word.... Case in point: immediately after getting out of the bathtub the other night, she insisted on curling up under the covers in my husband and I's bed to warm up with her gang of "babies" (AKA her stuffed animals). Once she was warm, she proceeded to jump on the bed and dance-butt naked--while singing "all through the
town..." perhaps you,too, recognize that catch phrase from the infamous The Wheels on the Bus?

Never a dull moment!

And now for the main event, as it is Awkward Knitting Photo Monday:

Rest assured, this is not a photo of me...nor would I EVER get a knitting tattoo such as this and certainly not on my lower back. Ay....bless her heart

2 comments:

  1. i haven't been able to decide what to get on my lower back, but this just solidified it--thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete