Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday's Thrills

This Thursday, I take the time to officially announce that my daughter has her first crush.

Meet Johnny: 

Johnny is one of the students here at the college where we live & work.  He lives next door to us, visits often, and attends church with us on Sundays...  He's essentially become part of the family as many of the students here have.

Johnny is also from Puerto Rico.  When he first came to the states, I recall a silly conversation between he & my husband (who is also Puerto Rican) where they joked about la playa and the mesmerizing effect it often has on women.  For those who don't speak Spanish, la playa means beach.  They were essentially saying that Puerto Ricans, by way of geography, give off its scent in a way that captivates hearts....hmmm

I can confirm that my husband has smelled of many things, however, the beach is not one of them...  Call it what you want, but I do think that women like them some Puerto Ricans!  I have to say that I love mine!  And now apparently my Lily does, too...

Within the last week, all we hear about at home is Johnny... She talks about him, sings about him, and plays imaginary games with him.  A knock comes at the door, and she lights up: "Johnny?"  The other day I after I came home from work, I asked her how her day was and she replied, "Johnny".  Should I be concerned??

And yesterday afternoon when he stopped by, I witnessed confirmation that this is a full-blown crush: she refused to look at him, blushed, and would lower her chin in sly grin when he showed her attention!  Later, she began to show off her mad-app skills on the ipad---looking to him for approval!!

Ay....this is way early, don't you think??  I am at a loss for words, but have to confess it is pretty funny...

Perhaps there is some truth to The La Playa Theory?

3 comments:

  1. Love it! it's so sad my name is so complicated.. if it wasn't i'm pretty sure she'd be saying 'edoarda' a lot more than johnny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!!! I was the same way as a baby (and I have to admit, that Johnny sure is a looker!). Your hubby, my dear cousin, graciously acted as my senior prom date & I couldn't keep the ladies away from him (extra hard considering I went to an all-female school...lol). What they joke about is indeed true - it's mysteriously irresistible, charming and enchanting. Let's just say, Lily has great taste (even if he IS a much older man)! jajaja!

    ReplyDelete