Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday's Tips

And back into the swing of things with a blog format....

Tuesdays are about tips related to knitting and motherhood. I find myself today more in need of some tips than able to pass along any-particularly in the areas of potty training and the relinquishing of the pacifier....

My daughter is at a stage where she despises diaper changes of any kind, and will only sit on the potty fully clothed. Not sure what that is about... She wakes up dry and stays dry for long periods of time. She also points out when she has done the deed (after hiding around the corner for a bit, of course).

So, do YOU have any tips for me??

Further, parting with the pacifier (or bobo, as we call it) may be more difficult for my husband than for Lily. I could use some tips in how to keep him from having A breakdown... But in terms of the other little one, she has begun shoving her bobos down her pajamas! Last night, she was giggling and squealing instead of sleeping. I went upstairs to remind her that it was time for nigh-night, and discovered all of her bobos were missing!! It was quite the mystery. I just resorted to starting the bedtime routine again: minus the bobo. As I was singing her a lullaby, she tossed off her blanket and began to grab at her shin. It was then that I noticed a bobo-shaped lump in the leg of her pajamas. Sure enough, it was one of her bobos!! Mystery solved. But, then again, she had gone to bed with three bobos....where were the rest? We giggled and went back to the lullaby. Once again she started to grab at her leg, and I discovered ANOTHER bobo!! And as I dug around to get it, I found the third one. She giggled such a silly, mischievous giggle.... Perhaps one more reason it is time to part with the pacifier. This morning confirmed everything when she woke up with a hernia aka a blob of bobos jutting from her belly.

I have cut the tip off of one, and hidden the others. My husband feels badly, as if we are tricking her: "She loves them!" Yes, she does, Alex...and it is time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment