Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's New Today

First off, I apologize that the awkward knitting pic from yesterday has disappeared :(  You missed a doozie!

Let's just say that I am discovering that blogging from my I-pad has it's inconveniences... And that is the last time you should let me complain about having an I-Pad!

Today's posting comes near the end of the day. As a reminder, Tuesdays are all about what is new (see LAST Tuesday's posting for more info.).

So, here is what's new in my realm: I completed the hat I will be donating to Save the Children (again, check out last week's posting...). It looks like a little acorn cap! I got the pattern from Nicky Epstein's new book: Knitting a Kiss in Every Stitch.  It knit up super quick--taking me only two nights to complete :)  I am cheered to pass it along to a deserving mama and her baby across the globe!

And I have jumped right into the next project from the same book: The Boyfriend Scarf. I am using the homespun yarn my sister sent me for Christmas!  I plan to pass it along to my boyfriend, er husband, of nearly eight years to use in his winter fishing exploits.   See how excited he is:



Continuing with the theme of what's new, I recently became a blonder blonde. Last night I attempted to highlight my currently dyed blonde locks, and did quite the hack job. Let's just say that I look like I was nailed with goldenrod paintballs... In fact, tonight I went to book club as Prison Mike to hide my do ;)  I officially forfeit in this department and plan to make an appt. with a stylist ASAP. (Sorry, no pics on purpose!)

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

3 comments: